For solicited submissions please just keep an eye on your emails. We'll let you know what we need and we thank you for taking the time to speak with us.
We understand that the stories we're looking for are coming from individuals who may not be professional or even aspiring authors. That's okay, we want to hear your story anyway.
Submitting content to publishers or even agents can be an intimidating and daunting task but we don't believe it needs to be. If you are passionate that your story would help others find that same courage and experience that same special love and gratitude from a pet that you have then take a moment and share it with us. Maybe together we can share that story with the world.
1. Write us an email. Send your submission in an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Write a brief greeting. Let us know how you found us and if you've shared your story in the past. Does your pet have a social media page? Do you volunteer with animal shelters or help pets in need in some other way? Let us know here.
3. Tell us why / how you believe your story would help others. One paragraph is fine.
4. Write a brief synapses of the story you want to share. Please keep the synapses to a three paragraph maximum.
5. Paste the first three chapters or 50 pages at the end of the body of your email.
6. Send the email to us.
1. Do not include any attachments unless we contact you and specifically ask you to do so. We will not open any emails with attachments with them, nor will we respond to those emails.
2. Do not include any links in your submissions. If you would like us to take a look at a social media page please provide us with the necessary information to enter into the search bar on that site to find you.
3. Only include a picture if you can do so in the body of the email. If you send a picture with your submission include only one picture.
4. Do not contact us immediately after making your submission by email or phone. We take your submission seriously and make sure we devote the proper time for review. As a result it takes time to review submissions. Our goal is to answer you within two weeks but sometimes that simply isn't possible. Please allow us thirty days before contacting us to follow up.
5. Do not argue if we decide not to proceed with your story or manuscript. We are authors and care for special needs pets ourselves and understand very well how much a submission means. A negative response does not mean that we did not like your story or feel it would add value. We can't say yes to everyone and some projects take far more time than we can spend on a single endeavor. We will try to give a personalized response to each submission. If we do not it is only because we have too many submissions and simply not enough time.